The profession of an interior designer has recently received a special development, since for his work this specialist is increasingly resorting to the use of appropriate software, which was not previously available for work to a mere mortal.
The older generation remembers how the prototype of any design had to be drawn on paper, and it just took a lot of time, besides, it was easier to buy an error in calculations. Today, the algorithm of actions has shrunk to a minimum: the program performs most of the calculations, while optimizing the time and workflow.
Software methods can be used to calculate various errors, as well as to form interesting solutions to problems. As for the training itself and entering the profession, today this bar has been significantly lowered − it is enough just to get the knowledge and skills that, for example, a computer graphics school or design courses can give. And you can safely get down to business!
At the same time, such education can be obtained in person or remotely, using Internet resources for this. Their duration may vary, but on average, 8 academic hours per week will allow you to master the program in about three months.
What should I pay attention to when choosing computer-aided interior design courses?
The modern park of specialized software boasts popular developments that are actively used by designers in their daily activities. First of all, these are programs for three-dimensional modeling of premises, as well as vector graphics. Most often, the names of the following software packages sound on the lips of specialists: CorelDRAW, AUTOCAD, 3D STUDIO MAX. There are also others, but these have become a kind of “de facto” standard in the professional field of activity. When choosing courses, be sure to make sure that the curriculum affects the work in them.
It is also equally important that the topics of the courses relate to the following aspects:
- basic familiarity with the basics of working in specialized packages;
- understanding the essence and type of information that you will have to work with (about vector and raster graphics, their differences and advantages);
- psychological aspect in the formation of the terms of reference during communication with the customer;
- practice, a lot of practice − it is impossible to imagine mastery without it;
- a thesis, that is, the completion and successful defense of a large control task, which will be a credit or, to some extent, even a graduation.
Specialized courses in interior design are guaranteed to provide you with a job, because today it is a popular niche in which, unfortunately, not so few specialists are involved, so graphic design can become your ticket to life!