First of all, it is worth understanding that there are two types of doors: wooden and metal. But besides what materials they are made of, it is worth paying attention to the following aspects:
- Protection (the presence of additional internal structures that provide the best strength);
- Access control (presence of a peephole, glass or video surveillance system);
- Insulation of sound and heat (doors should serve as an obstacle to the release of heat from the house and the penetration of extraneous noise into your house);
- Protection against intelligent hacking (the presence of locks that can protect you from unwanted visitors);
- Aesthetics (the door should first of all look nice and neat, while pleasing you. No wonder they say that the door is the smile of the owner of the house).
First of all, you should pay attention to the door frame, because it serves as a guarantee of strength. The door frame accounts for approximately 73% of all power loads. It is necessary that it be strong and firmly fixed. An important factor is also where your door opens. There are safety rules, following which your door will not be an obstacle for neighbors and vice versa. Therefore, the door should open outwards, but at the same time not “blocking” the spaces about the rest.
The next important factor is the hinges of the doors. They are easily placed on the weld, cut with a “grinder”. When the hinges are inserted in the right way, the structure will not “wobble”, and you will not have unnecessary fears. If you open the door more than 50 times a day, then experts advise you to put a few more additional hinges, only 3-4. This makes it possible to distribute the entire load on the doors evenly. Our experience allows you to give the following advice, if the door weighs up to 70 kg in total, then 2 hinges are enough, if the weight is more than specified, then it is worth and even necessary to install the third and fourth hinges.
When choosing a “gate for your fortress”, it is also important to understand that high-quality doors will cost quite a lot, and you should not save much on doors if you do not want to change them several times a year. Doors with a price category up to $ 400 will be able to serve you a long and high-quality service.
It is very important that the entrance doors have more than one lock. This will be able to “strengthen” the protection of your apartment. A large number of locks, more than two, will look ugly and not aesthetically pleasing, which is also not very good. The best option is two locks. The upholstery of high-quality doors is usually made of natural wood. More “economical” or cheap doors are covered with a special powder.
We have tried to tell you the most necessary information. Of course, this topic is very broad, so in future articles we will try to convey to you what may have been missed in this one. We hope that our advice will be able to provide you with practical assistance in this difficult issue.